Date: Friday May 26, 2017 8:15am-4:00pm
Venue: Life Science Building, York University Keele Campus - Lobby and Rooms 101 and 103
Registration Fee (paid on-site - CASH ONLY): $25 for all attendees
(Speakers are admitted free of charge).
This fee includes light breakfast, buffet lunch and coffee breaks.
Event Program Booklet: MHAD8 Program Booklet [PDF]
Directions to Event Venue
Driving directions are provided on the York University Map [PDF]. The two best routes to campus are driving North on Highway 400 to Steeles Ave W, then heading East on Steeles Ave W to Murray Ross Pkwy, OR driving North on Keele St to Steeles Ave W, then heading W on Steeles Ave W to Founders Road.This avoids subway construction at the south end of campus. Parking lots are noted on the map, along with the location of the meeting (Building #90 on the map: Life Science Building - Lobby and Room 103).
Subway to Downsview station, then take the 196A or 196B Express Bus to the York University Commons (the bus trip is about 15 minutes). Walk down Campus Walk towards Building #90 on the map: Life Science Building - Lobby and Room 103.
Registration and Abstract Submission
Please fill out the Registration/Abstract Submission form [docx]. Completion of this form is required if you intend to attend MHAD8 and/or present a poster. All attendees must submit this form.
If you are having issues completing the form in the document, please simply email the required information in the body of the text of an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Poster and Abstract Submission Guidelines
We kindly ask that the dimensions of your poster DO NOT exceed 4 feet in width and 3 feet in height, in order to fit on the poster boards at the event.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
We invite abstracts for poster presentations (from undergraduates, Master's and PhD students, as well as Post-Doctoral Fellows) on any topic related to muscle (skeletal, cardiac or smooth), exercise, health or metabolism in any aspect. You may re-use posters presented within the last 12 months at any scientific meeting, or posters that are to be presented at upcoming meetings. There is no word count limit for these abstracts, however, they are typically in the 300-400 word count range. Please do not include any figures with your abstract.
Deadlines for Abstract Submission for a Poster Presentation
- To be considered for a Poster Award, you must be currently enrolled in a Master's or PhD program, and your abstract must be submitted by FRIDAY MAY 19th,2017 at 4:00pm. All abstracts submitted by this date and time will be considered for the 1 of 4 available $150 Poster Awards that will be given out at the end of the day. Please review the criteria for the selection process [PDF].
- To be included in the Conference Proceedings, abstracts must be submitted by MONDAY MAY 22th, 2017 at 4:00pm. Abstracts submitted after this time WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
This is the current list of confirmed distinguished invited speakers for this years' event:
- Dr. Kim Connelly, St. Michael's Hospital
- Dr. Michael De Lisio, University of Ottawa
- Dr. Jefferson Frisbee, University of Western Ontario
- Dr. Vladmir Ljubicic, McMaster University
- Dr. Kei Masani, University of Toronto
- Dr. Chetan Phadke, West Park Healthcare Centre / University of Toronto
- Dr. Milica Radisic, University of Toronto
- Dr. Jonathan Schertzer, McMaster University
Learn more about our speakers by viewing their Speaker Profiles [PDF].