6th Annual Muscle Health Awareness Day Event Details
Date: Friday May 22, 2015 9:00 am- 4:30pm
VENUE: YORK UNIVERSITY - VARI HALL ROTUNDA and VARI HALL LECTURE HALL A
Registration Fee (paid on-site - CASH ONLY): $20 for all attendees (Speakers are admitted free of charge). This fee includes light breakfast, buffet lunch and coffee breaks.
Event Program Booklet: MHAD6 Program Booklet [PDF]
Registration and Abstract Submission
Please fill out this registration/abstract submission form [docx]. Completion of this form is required if you intend to attend MHAD6 and/or present a poster.
All attendees must submit this form via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract Submission Guidelines
We invite abstracts for poster presentations (from undergraduates, Master's and PhD students, as well as Post-Doctoral Fellows) on any topic related to muscle (skeletal, cardiac or smooth), exercise, health or metabolism in any aspect. You may re-use posters presented within the last 12 months at any scientific meeting, or posters that are to be presented at upcoming meetings. There is no word count limit for these abstracts, however, they are typically in the 300-400 word count range. Please do not include any figures with your abstract.
Deadlines for Abstract Submission for a Poster Presentation
- To be considered for a Poster Award, you must be currently enrolled in a Master's or PhD program, and your abstract must be submitted by FRIDAY MAY 15th, 4:00pm. All abstracts submitted by this date and time will be considered for the 1 of 4 available $150 Poster Awards that will be given out at the end of the day. Please review the criteria [PDF] for the selection process.
- To be included in the Conference Proceedings, abstracts must be submitted by MONDAY MAY 18th, 4:00pm. Abstracts submitted after this time WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
This is the current list of confirmed distinguished invited speakers for this years' event:
- Dr. John Dawson, University of Guelph
- Dr. Paul LeBlanc, Brock University
- Dr. Sara Nunes, Toronto General Research Institute/UHN
- Dr. Stuart Phillips, McMaster University
- Dr. Jean Marc Renaud, University of Ottawa
- Dr. Robert Ross, Queen’s University
- Dr. Julie St-Pierre, McGill University
- Dr. Robert Tsushima, York University
- Dr. Simon S. Wing, McGill University